Have you ever been to Memorial Stadium to see a Clemson Tigers game and marvelled at the amazing football field grass?
It is bermuda grass – a warm season grass that is great for sports fields and backyards alike.
If you want your lawn to be bermuda grass and look like as good as a football field then you may need some help.
We researched the best lawn care companies in South Carolina so you don’t have to.
Below are the best in each of the 5 biggest cities.
The Best Lawn Care Service Companies in 5 Different Areas of South Carolina
Best Lawn Care Service Charleston
Company: Veteran Lawn and Landscaping
Contact: 843 – 819 – 4284
Cost: Call for quote
About The Company: Call Veteran Lawn and Landscaping for your lawn care needs in the Charleston area. They have been in business for over 10 years and have many happy customers telling us how affordable and high quality they are.
Best Lawn Care Service Columbia
Company: Trifecta Landscaping
Contact: 803 – 422 – 0257
Cost: You can request a quote on the website
About The Company: The recommended lawn care company for Columbia is Trifecta Landscaping because they have tons of outstanding reviews on third party reviews websites like Yelp, Angies List and Google Reviews. They are professional, always on-time (or in communication if not) and get your lawn looking like a pro sports field in 1 season (if that’s what you want). Give them a call for you next landscape project.
Best Lawn Care Service North Charleston
Company: Lawn Reputation LLC
Contact: 843 – 765 – 0177
Cost: Call for cost estimate of your project
About The Company: Lawn Reputation is your go-to lawn care provider for the North Charleston, SC area. They do landscaping and lawn care and everything in between.
Best Lawn Care Service Mount Pleasant
Company: Yogi’s Turf Lawn Care LLC
Contact: 843 – 823 – 6665 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost: Call for cost estimate
About The Company: Increase your home’s curb appeal with Yogi’s Turf Lawn Care company. They have amazing reviews and offer your first cut of the season for only $25. They are reliable and offer weekly and bi-weekly mowing, hedge trimming, mulching, edging and more. Give them a call to discuss your lawn maintenance needs.
Want to do the work yourself?
How To Grow And Maintain A Healthy Green Grass in South Carolina
Warm seasons grasses like Bermuda grass are ideal for South Carolina.
- Importance of Soil in South Carolina: You’ll want to order a home soil test kit to take a sample of your lawn soil to find its condition. The test will quickly tell you the pH, nitrogen and potassium levels so you’ll know if you need to add lime or what nutrients.
- South Carolina Grass Types: Bermuda grass, Tall fescue, centipede.
- Mowing Needs: Mow your lawn grass down to 1.5 – 3 inches depending on the type. Tall fescue is called that for a reason – it likes to be mowed down to 3 – 4 inches.
- Water Needs: Water year round depending on the local rainfall. At least weekly if you have received 0 rain.
- Other Maintenance Needs: Aerate and fertilize.
Sources And Useful Links South Carolina
1. Similar States: North Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee
2. Back to State Map: Best lawn care near me
3. South Carolina Mowing and Lawn Care Associations: SC Green Industry Association