Did you know? Indianapolis boasts the biggest median lot size of any major US city at 9,191 square feet (1/5 an acre).
That’s a lot of lawn to be mowed.
So if you’re looking for a lawn care company to do the maintenance you’re in the right place.
We researched over 60 landscape companies across the 5 biggest cities in Indiana to find the best for you.
Check them out below.
The Best Lawn Care Service Companies in 5 Different Areas of Indiana
Best Lawn Care Services in Indianapolis
Company: Experi Green Lawn Care
Cost: Call for quote
About The Company: The recommended lawn care company for Indianapolis is Experi Green Lawn Care because they have great reviews on third party sites like Google Reviews, Yelp and Thumbtack. Their past customers call them dependable, professional and quality. So if you need your lawn taken care of be sure to check them out for a quote.
Best Lawn Care Services in Fort Wayne
Company: Super Green Lawn Care LLC
Contact: 260 – 444 – 9020
Cost: Fill out form on website for free cost estimate
About The Company: Super Green Lawn Care LLC is the recommended lawn contractor for Fort Wayne. They have a 4.9 star rating from over 50 past customer which is a huge win. It shows their commitment to making your lawn the best in the neighbourhood. They have been in business for over 7 years and have seen what works and doesn’t work in the area. Be sure to get your lawn sorted out before bbq season comes around.
Best Lawn Care Services in Evansville
Company: Augusta Lawn Care Services
Cost: Get free estimate by filling out the form on website
About The Company: The recommended lawn care contractor for Evansville is Augusta Lawn Care Services because they do good work and know the best techniques for the best lawn in the local climate. Call them for your lawn mowing, tree trimming and other landscaping needs.
Best Lawn Care Services in Carmel
Company: Precision Cutz Lawn Care
Contact: 317 – 751 – 7665
Cost: Request a free quote through website form
About The Company: Give the #1 lawn care and landscape company in the Carmel area a call to make your lawn the best on the road. Precision Cutz offer a full range of landscape services including pest control, weed control, overseeding and all your tree and hedge trimming needs.
How To Grow And Maintain Healthy Grass in Indiana
Cool season grasses are best to grow in Indiana.
- Importance of Soil in Indiana: As with any state you want a great lawn the soil is important. The best thing to do is to get a home soil kit test and take a sample from your lawn to test for pH and nutrients. The kit will then guide you to what nutrients need to be added and what pH balancing needs to be done to get the best results for your lawn.
- Indiana Grass Types: Kentucky bluegrass, perennial ryegrass, tall fescue, fine fescue.
- Mowing Needs: Mow down to 2 – 3 inches is the general rule.
- Water Needs: Depending on the local weather/rainfall you will only need to weather in the dry, hot summer months. Cold season grasses are drought tolerant so once a week in the dry months should be fine.
- Other Maintenance Needs: Fertilizer should be applied coming out of winter so March.