The best type of grass for Washington’s climates is fine fescue. Fescue will stay green year round and is low maintenance.
However, if you don’t already have a fescue lawn or don’t know what type of grass your lawn is – you may want to call in the experts.
We researched over 50 lawn care companies in the main cities of Washington and found the below 5 to be the best ones.
Be sure to check them out and give them a ring if you have a project that needs an expert.
The Best Lawn Care Service Companies in 5 Different Areas of Washington
Best Lawn Care Services in Seattle
Company: Lee’s General Landscaping
Contact: 206-259-7919 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost: Call for estimate
About The Company: The recommended lawn care company for Seattle is Lee’s General Landscaping because they have plenty of praise from past customers on third party sites like Google Reviews and Yelp. Lee and team offer all the landscaping, hardscaping and yard maintenance services you could ever need – and at an affordable price. Be sure to call for a cost estimate.
Best Lawn Care Services in Spokane
Company: Spokanes Finest Lawns
Cost: Request for free quote on website
About The Company: The recommended lawn care pro for Spokane is Spokanes Finest Lawns because they are well-reviewed with a 4.8 star rating off 60+ reviews. They are leaf removal, plant pruning, lawn treatments, lawn mowing and general landscaping and lawn care for your needs.
Best Lawn Care Services in Tacoma
Company: Chipo’s Lawn Service
Cost: Call or use quote form on website
About The Company: Give Chipo’s Lawn Service a call if your live in the Tacoma area. They are well reviewed and offer a full range of landscape services.
Best Lawn Care Services in Vancouver, WA
Company: Simple Lawns & Landscape Design
Cost: Call to request a price
About The Company: The recommended lawn care company for Vancouver, Washington is Simple Lawns & Landscape Design. Great reviews and they offer their services at an affordable price.
How To Grow And Maintain Healthy Grass in Washington
Cool season grasses are best for Washington.
- Importance of Soil in Washington: A soil test will help determine if you need new top soil or if what you have is fine for grass seed.
- Washington Grass Types: Fine fescue, tall fescue, bentgrasses, kentucky bluegrass and perennial ryegrass.
- Mowing Needs: Mow once 3 inches long and mow down to 1 inch.
- Water Needs: Water only during times of drought as Washington gets plenty of rain for low maintenance fescues and cool season grasses. In fact, you will want to make sure your lawn drainage is good.
- Other Maintenance Needs: You will need to feed your lawn a good fertilizer with adequate nitrogen.
Sources And Useful Links Washington
- Similar States: Oregon, Idaho, Montana
- Back to State Map: Lawn care near me
- Washington Mowing and Lawn Care Associations: Washington Association of Landscape Professionals