The harsh grass growing climate of Minnesota calls for cool season grasses.
It is harsh enough the Minnesota Vikings new stadium – U.S. Bank Stadium – is indoors and uses artificial turf.
So if a professional sports team with an endless budget goes with artificial turf (despite the clear winner being natural kentucky bluegrass for football fields in the north) then maybe you’ll want a professional lawn care company to get your lawn looking its best.
We researched 40 companies and found the 5 best. Check them out below and give the one nearest you a call for a quote.
The Best Lawn Care Service Companies in 5 Different Areas of Minnesota
Best Lawn Care Services in Minneapolis
Company: The Grounds Crew Property Services
Contact: 952 – 204 – 5896 or email: email@example.com
Cost: Request a quote from website
About The Company: The recommended lawn care company for Minneapolis is The Grounds Crew Property Services because they offer affordable services and have tons of great reviews on third party websites like Yelp, Thumbtack and Google Reviews. They are a full service landscape company and do everything from mowing to mulching to hedge trimming. Give them a call for your lawn maintenance needs.
Best Lawn Care Service St. Paul
Company: Monson Lawn & Landscaping
Contact: 651 – 898 – 0809 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost: Request a free quote on website form
About The Company: Monson is your go-to landscape company in the St. Paul area. They have been maintaining and improving lawns in the area for over 5 years and have a 90% approval rating over that time. They are affordable and professional and offer the full range of lawn care services.
Best Lawn Care Services in Rochester
Company: B & B Lawn Services
Contact: 507 – 218 – 6887 or email: email@example.com
Cost: Call for cost estimate
About The Company: B & B is a full service lawn care company offering you mowing, hydro-seeding, aeration, dethatching, lawn edging and more. Give them a call to look after your lawn in the Rochester area.
Best Lawn Care Service Duluth
Company: Duluth Lawn Pros
Contact: 218 – 590 – 9705 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost: Call to request quote
About The Company: The recommended lawn care service company in Duluth is Duluth Lawn Care Pros.
Want to do the work yourself?
What Everybody Ought To Know About Growing and Maintaining Healthy Green Grass in Minnesota
Cool season grasses are the only option for Minnesota.
- Importance of Soil in Minnesota: Grab a home soil test to check the condition of the soil your grass will be growing in. Does it need further micro and macro nutrients? Does the pH need balancing? The soil test will tell you this information.
- Minnesota Grass Types: Kentucky bluegrass, fine fescue, perennial ryegrass.
- Mowing Needs: Mowing requirements are to keep the grass short – between 2 and 3 inches.
- Water Needs: Watering will obviously depend on local rainfall. If it is summer and has not rained then you will need to water your lawn at least weekly to keep the soil moist.
- Other Maintenance Needs: Fertilize 1 – 3 times during the growing seasons (depends on the grass type). Aerate.
Sources And Useful Links Minnesota
1. Similar States: Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska
2. Back to State Map: Best lawn care near me
3. Minnesota Mowing and Lawn Care Associations: Minnesota Nursery & Landscape Association