Have you ever been to an Orioles game and wondered how they keep the grass looking so amazing?
Well, the kentucky bluegrass surface is maintained year round by a staff of groundskeepers with the best knowledge and equipment money can buy.
If you want your lawn to look like a baseball field then you can either spend heaps of money learning the craft or just hire the best lawn care company in your area.
We researched 45+ lawn care companies in different areas of Maryland and the below 5 are the best. So pick the one in your area and give them a call to get your lawn looking the best it can.
The Best Lawn Care Service Companies in 5 Different Areas of Maryland
Best Lawn Care Services in Baltimore
Company: Dun Rite lawn Maintenance LLC
Contact: 240 – 712 – 8783
Cost: Fill out form on website for free cost estimate
About The Company: The recommended lawn care company for Baltimore is Dun Rite Lawn Maintenance because they have impressed customers for over 5 years. They have been caring for people’s lawns in the local area and know what grass is best and how to take care of it so you have the best lawn on the block. Give them a call for your next lawn care service.
Best Lawn Care Services in Columbia
Company: The Sarge Lawn + Land-sculpting Services
Contact: 410 – 952 – 3258 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost: Get a free quote by calling the Sarge
About The Company: Call The Sarge Lawn + Land-sculpting company for your lawn maintenance needs in the Columbia, MD area. They are veteran owned and have been working away in the area for over 3 years. They plenty of praise on third party website like Google Reviews, Yelp and Angies List so can rest easy knowing you are getting a quality professional at an affordable price.
Best Lawn Care Services in Germantown
Company: Lauren’s Garden Service
Contact: 410 – 461 – 2535
Cost: Call for free estimate
About The Company: Call Lauren’s Garden Service for all your landscaping needs. They have great reviews and will get your lawn looking great in no time.
Best Lawn Care Services in Silver Spring
Company: Bam’s Landscaping
Contact: 240 – 447 – 5921
Cost: Get free quote on website form
About The Company: The recommended lawn maintenance contractor for Silver Spring, MD is Bam’s Landscaping because they are highly rated on Google Reviews, Yelp, Angies List and others. They have been servicing the are for over 10 years and know the right way to get your lawn looking like a golf green/fairway.
How To Grow And Maintain Healthy Grass in Maryland
The best types of grass to grow on your Maryland lawn are transitional climate grasses that are heat, drought and shade tolerant.
- Importance of Soil in Maryland: Soil is important for any lawn to thrive. To see what condition your lawn soil is at grab a home soil test kit. For only $10 – $20 you will get a picture of your soils health. Does it need nutrients? Is it too acidic?
- Maryland Grass Types: Tall fescue, fine fescue, kentucky bluegrass, perennial ryegrass
- Mowing Needs: Controlling the height of your lawn’s grass is important for its health just as watering and fertilizing is. You will want to keep the grass between 1.5 inches and 2.5 inches in height after mowing. So let it grow to 3 – 4 inches then mow it down to 2 – 2.5 inches or so.
- Water Needs: Typically Maryland climate dictates the watering needs. But in general, all the growth happens from March to June so those are the important watering months.
- Other Maintenance Needs: Many other factors come into play when trying to achieve sports field quality lawn: fertilizing, aerating, possibly overseeding and dealing with dog pee stains and problem areas.
Sources And Useful Links Maryland
- Similar States: Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Virginia
- Back to State Map: Lawn care near me
- Maryland Mowing and Lawn Care Associations: Maryland Nursery, Landscape and Greenhouse Association, Inc.