A basketball court is bigger than a tennis court and much smaller than a football field.
So how many acres is an NBA basketball court?
- 0.108 acres rounded to 1/9th of an acre.
The dimensions of an NBA, WNBA and NCAA basketball court are:
- Length of b’ball court is 94 feet / 28.7 metres
- Width of basketball court is 50 feet / 15.2 metres
Calculations for acres in a basketball court:
- 94 feet x 50 feet = 4,700 square feet
- 1 acre = 43,560 square feet
- 4,700 / 43,560 = 0.108 acres or 1/9.3 of an acre
How many miles does a typical NBA player run per game?
- 1.5 miles (2.4 km) up to 2.8 miles (4.5 km) per game averaged over a season
Depending on the position NBA players run a different amount of miles per game. The shooting and point guards will run the most miles as the main ball carriers.
Over an entire season almost all of the top 6 players per team will run multiple marathons – up to as many as 8 or 9 in on the court running – many more if you included practice.
Who is the fastest ever basketball player?
In terms of the eye test shorter players are going to look faster. And are we talking 100m, 40m run times or are we talking with the basketball up the court?
It is a hard question to answer:
- John Wall. #1 overall pick in 2010, John Wall is highly ranked in all lists when it comes to speed categories.
- Mugsy Bogues. Being so short gave Mugsy Bogues great agility on the court and a high speed with and without the ball.
- Allen Iverson. With the ball Allen Iverson was so quick it would be hard to deny him a spot on the fastest all-time in the NBA